Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Vishu Nostalgic


Tomorrow is Vishu and just the thought that I would be coming from office at 5:00 AM and directly viewing the Vishu kani makes me sick. Add to that I would need to take a nap after viewing the kani. Scrap the ****ing night shifts. There was a time when I would be woken with my eyes closed and led to see the Vishu kani, the first thing to be seen that morning . After the sight I would be bestowed some token money by the elders as is the ritual. And then I would go to the nearby temple ( to pray :-) ) wearing a mundu and have a lengthy chit-chat for more than 3-4 hours with my friends and finally returning for the tasty meal back home only when the stomach rung the warning bell . I miss all the fun !

Poor me cant do much except vent my frustration by hitting the keyboards hard. Errrr forgot to wish you all a Happy Vishu !

5 Comments:

At 7:47 am, Blogger Surya Ragunaathan said...

Hey, so you actually get up every year and see the vishu Kani?? hmm....have never done that in my life....nahi, shayad bachpan main kiya tha....neways, Happy Vishu!!

 
At 6:35 pm, Blogger Krishnakumar Chirakkal said...

@ Surya - Yes almost every year , and honestly I used to hate to be woken up before daylight first begins.

 
At 5:07 am, Blogger Ashwin said...

Happy Vishu!...n screw the ****ing night shifts!

 
At 10:08 am, Blogger Abhishek Tupe said...

arre KK nice info on vishu. maine bhi blog shuru kiya. please visit and advance mein happy b'day. chal bye

 
At 6:05 pm, Blogger Krishnakumar Chirakkal said...

@ Win - Thanks, guess can't get rid of the night shifts so easily.


@abhi tupe - Really looking forward to read your blog ! Already blogrolled you dude . Thanx for the wishes :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home