Thursday, February 16, 2006

Indecent Proposal
What a wonderful Feb 14 , 2006 it was ! It had a lot of emotion which made me think for a change , humour which made made me ROTFLMAO . Na I am not remotely hinting at any gal in my life but instead referring to some wonderful posts made by fellow bloggers. Precisely referring to this, this and this.
After reading Surya's post I felt very nostalgic and the whole scene of my plus 12 college celebrations of Friendship's day back in 2000 came to my mind. At that time I was madly in love with a gal who with her gaze would make my heart melt ( Na she was not your typical hot chick ) . Ha bhai mein phir bi pighal jata tha :-) ! This was the gal who was with me in my college ( different division ) and with me in my tuition Classes . I was the shy kind of guy who did not have the guts to ask the gal for phone number , forget about asking the ultimate question . But then I was in good company of friends all of them who were big flirts in their own right and here I was just wondering on how to have a decent chat after knowing the gal for more than a year. My friends were doing everything possible from their side in ensuring that my path becomes easier.They befriended some of the close friends of this gal and also started teasing this gal by my name. They also eliminated some competition for me by adding a ' Mhatre ' surname . ( I however in a gentleman fashion told the competitors my real name . But by then they had already backed out ). However with all the help and free advises day -night I was still not really able to break the ice.
It was in this backdrop that our college decided to celebrate Friendship 's day . It was a situation tailor made for me . Though very reluctant initially I finally agreed and thought to myself that the d-day had arrived. My dear friends taught me all those rhetoric to get a affirmative answer and carefully planned my approach. They told me that I had to get as many as five different coloured ribbons white, yellow , blue , green and red tied on the gals hand one by one in the same order mentioned above. This they said signified graduating from peace to love , how intellectual ! Once this was done I could go ahead and ask the ultimate question . On the eve of the celebrations I was very confident and a bit anxious on the turn of events the next day.
The next day after a couple of lectures celebrations were on full swing. I had to go to my dream gal's classroom and tie all those bands. With me were my good old three - four friends who were standing by me for any support . I walk upto this gal and she gives me a hint of smile. Their were some others ahead of me and it was actually a complete chaos near her bench. My anxiousness was turning into fear slowly. Then came the grand moment. I shook hands with her , looked eye to eye ( yeah still remember it ) and was about to tie her the first white band when all of a sudden all the bands spilled out of pocket and were down on the floor. More was just to come ! While I was about to tie the first band the bands thread stuck to my wrist watch and there came a long white thread ! Man I was shaking at that time , all my plans had gone bust. While tying the next band may hand was literally shaking and everyone near to the bench could make out that. By this time the whole bunch were laughing and everyone knew what was happening . Somehow the gal held my shivering hand and ..............................................................
just wrote her name on my hand . Nothing else happened at that time. It was a complete rip off to say the least !
Subsequent meetings happened when I gathered a little more courage and at one such meeting left my cycle abandoned on the road. Retrospectively I can just laugh at my foolishness and now it is time for me to sip in some hot chocolate !
( PS. I have been watching a lot of Malyalam movies where their is not a happy ending and so it is in my case . )

8 Comments:

At 10:16 pm, Blogger Unknown!!! said...

Man....thats coool...so u r in touch with ur babe now..;)
i dont know abt malayalam movies but this one will be a nice movie...but with a diff climax will be better..:D.

 
At 12:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RESHMI na... haan I know...btw, I didnt know bout the 'friendship bands' fiasco till now... anyway..

 
At 7:25 am, Blogger Krishnakumar Chirakkal said...

@Unknown - Yes it seems pretty cool now , but at one point of time it was sheer madness :-) I am not in touch with her for more than one year now.


@JK - Yes, you are correct dude its Reshmi !

 
At 11:21 am, Blogger Surya Ragunaathan said...

Hey, i never thought my post cud make someone nostalgic, hmmm....
nice story! am sure u feel like laughing at urself when u go back to think about it now....some things that we do sometimes are so childish, aint it? :) :)
cheers!!

 
At 1:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read ur blog quite late. can remember all of u preetam, swati, jobin and u, all struggling to get ur setting done with her. But dint knw abt the friendship bands. also remember how u had fall in love with her, LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT !!! ha, ha, ha... Nice post. Brought in some memories back from Mani's classes and also our post class chats (u, me and shishir most often)which wud go on for an hour.

Good post. Am waiting for more like this one.

 
At 6:41 pm, Blogger Krishnakumar Chirakkal said...

@ Surya - When I remember those moments I feel totally embarrassed !By the way if you continue to write the same way as u currently do I would not surprised to see your post touching more people like me.

@Vineet - Yes dude I used to eat a lot of your time by discussing all kinds of strategies ! Will write about the first sight thing some time later :-).

 
At 7:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi koch kalan,

I know all these stories that u have told us and how we tease u over them.
Recently had a school reunion and felt really nostalgic about those old days. as we go ahead in life we somehow loose tuch with our old mates.
Btw all malu movies dont have a sad ending...ok. have been watching some lately.
nyways good read.
See u soon dude.

 
At 9:21 pm, Blogger Krishnakumar Chirakkal said...

@ anjali - Hey! nice to see you commenting and catch you really soon ( when JK is not around :-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home