Sunday, October 16, 2005

Its time for kick off .


Believe it or not, we may witness the presence of the " HAND OF GOD "man Diego Maradona or the Italian Maestro Paolo Rossi sometime next month. ( it appeared in a a prominent that the matches are slated this weekend , however when I called Bombay Gymkhana they said the information was incorrect and that the matches would commence only in November ). Either of these gentlemen would be accompanying the AC Milan Under 19 team to play matches in Mumbai and Kolkata.

If you ever thought that this was due to the great efforts of AIFF ( All India Football federation ) then you are positively on the wrong side. To say the least they " SUCK ." I hate all these politicians who run sports bodies and then one day after the olympics we all ponder the over the question "One Billion People but still only a solitary medal ." Isn't the reason very apparent ? . I am sorry but I got a little carried away .For me Football has been much more than a passion. As for the conduct of the matches I must thank
the Indo-Italian Chamber of Commerce.

I fail to understand why the matches are not conducted in Goa or for that matter Kerala where people love their fish, fenny and football. Kolkata is an automatic choice . But Mumbai where the seating capacity at the Cooperage stadium is hardly 1000. If you do not agree with me please pay a visit to the Cooperage Stadium whose non availability ( I thank god a zillion times for that ) led to Bombay Gymkhana becoming the choice for the venue in amchi mumbai. Anyways I am not complaining since, I need not go to Goa or for that matter Kerala to witness the magic.

ADIOS !










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home